Runboard.com
You're welcome.
Community logo


runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)


Page:
 1  2  3  4  5 ... 36  37  38 

 
wookster Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Jedi Master
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 2448
Reply | Quote
Re: Nobody Seeing Any DVD's Lately


I rewatched the Matrix trilogy over three nights (it was actually my wifes choice) enjoyed the sequels more than I remembered, but that celebration/rave scene in 'Reloaded' was more embarressing than I remembered and dated the movie a lot (and considering it's only a few years old that was a surprise), and I felt a lot of the Zion scenes had that kind of studio set 'Star Trek' feel to them, if you get what I mean. Good entertainment though!

---

3/3/2008, 7:19 am Link to this post Send PM to wookster
 
jkno4u Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Jedi Master
Global user

Registered: 12-2007
Location: Romania, Transilvania
Posts: 1006
Reply | Quote
Re: Nobody Seeing Any DVD's Lately


I watched Gattaca, a movie I really enjoy every time I see it...

---
"Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away"

My collection
3/3/2008, 8:27 am Link to this post Send Email to jkno4u   Send PM to jkno4u Yahoo
 
eighthsamurai Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 01-2007
Posts: 3832
Reply | Quote
Re: Nobody Seeing Any DVD's Lately


quote:

redwing23 wrote:

I still need to jump on the 24 bangwagon, my Bro is putting them on my iPod for me so that will be the beginning! emoticon



one thing i don't understand about 24 is why the 24hour clock is actually only a 12hr clock. it doesn't make sense!!

---

3/3/2008, 8:36 am Link to this post Send Email to eighthsamurai   Send PM to eighthsamurai
 
wookster Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Jedi Master
Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Posts: 2448
Reply | Quote
Re: Nobody Seeing Any DVD's Lately


quote:

jkno4u wrote:
I watched Gattaca, a movie I really enjoy every time I see it...


Mmmmmm Uma.

--Log in or sign up to see linked image content--


That's a great film, haven't seen it for a long time though!

Last edited by wookster, 3/3/2008, 8:40 am


---

3/3/2008, 8:38 am Link to this post Send PM to wookster
 
jkno4u Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Jedi Master
Global user

Registered: 12-2007
Location: Romania, Transilvania
Posts: 1006
Reply | Quote
Re: Nobody Seeing Any DVD's Lately


quote:

wookster wrote:

quote:

jkno4u wrote:
I watched Gattaca, a movie I really enjoy every time I see it...


Mmmmmm Uma.

--Log in or sign up to see linked image content--


That's a great film, haven't seen it for a long time though!



Indeed UMA!! emoticon

---
"Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away"

My collection
3/3/2008, 8:45 am Link to this post Send Email to jkno4u   Send PM to jkno4u Yahoo
 
kazukiJuN Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Administrator
Global user

Registered: 03-2007
Location: Mediworld
Posts: 5700
Reply | Quote
Re: Nobody Seeing Any DVD's Lately


quote:

wookster wrote:

I rewatched the Matrix trilogy over three nights (it was actually my wifes choice) enjoyed the sequels more than I remembered, but that celebration/rave scene in 'Reloaded' was more embarressing than I remembered and dated the movie a lot (and considering it's only a few years old that was a surprise), and I felt a lot of the Zion scenes had that kind of studio set 'Star Trek' feel to them, if you get what I mean. Good entertainment though!



[sign in to see URL] that celebration scene was my most hated scene in the matrix trilogy. It was just [sign in to see URL].
What's more due to Singapore's then censorship laws the love making sequence of Neo & Trinity was cut/censored to a certain extent on both the cinema release & early dvd release.

Not that I really wanted to see them make love, but I just hate movies that are censored just because its a little explicit.
And the conservative folks at the censorship board cant bear to watch it.

Thk goodness, our censorship laws are much relaxed now and I dont have to import as much region 1 or 2 dvds just to get uncesored & uncut versions of my fav films.


Last edited by kazukiJuN, 3/3/2008, 9:30 am


---


3/3/2008, 9:25 am Link to this post Send Email to kazukiJuN   Send PM to kazukiJuN
 
Snake Eater Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Jedi Master
Global user

Registered: 05-2007
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 2154
Reply | Quote
Re: Nobody Seeing Any DVD's Lately


quote:

eighthsamurai wrote:

quote:

redwing23 wrote:

I still need to jump on the 24 bangwagon, my Bro is putting them on my iPod for me so that will be the beginning! emoticon



one thing i don't understand about 24 is why the 24hour clock is actually only a 12hr clock. it doesn't make sense!!



Eh? Are you sure?

From every season I have seen, it is a 24hr clock?



---

Rest In Peace Heath. You will be sorely missed.
3/3/2008, 10:27 am Link to this post Send Email to Snake Eater   Send PM to Snake Eater
 
redwing23 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 10-2006
Location: Hockeytown U.S.A.
Posts: 8941
Reply | Quote
Re: Nobody Seeing Any DVD's Lately


I have to agree guys, and I love Reloaded! I always just skip that part when I watch it on dvd! emoticon

---



3/3/2008, 11:15 am Link to this post Send Email to redwing23   Send PM to redwing23
 
eighthsamurai Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info


Global user

Registered: 01-2007
Posts: 3832
Reply | Quote
Re: Nobody Seeing Any DVD's Lately


quote:

Snake Eater wrote:

quote:

eighthsamurai wrote:

quote:

redwing23 wrote:

I still need to jump on the 24 bangwagon, my Bro is putting them on my iPod for me so that will be the beginning! emoticon



one thing i don't understand about 24 is why the 24hour clock is actually only a 12hr clock. it doesn't make sense!!



Eh? Are you sure?

From every season I have seen, it is a 24hr clock?




yep. i !@#$ about it every time the clock comes on. from midday onwards it goes from 12:00:00 to 01:00:00. that's till season 3. don't know about after that.

---

3/3/2008, 11:16 am Link to this post Send Email to eighthsamurai   Send PM to eighthsamurai
 
imNewHere Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Jedi Master
Global user

Registered: 03-2007
Location: California
Posts: 965
Reply | Quote
Re: Nobody Seeing Any DVD's Lately


quote:

wookster wrote:

I rewatched the Matrix trilogy over three nights (it was actually my wifes choice) enjoyed the sequels more than I remembered, but that celebration/rave scene in 'Reloaded' was more embarressing than I remembered and dated the movie a lot (and considering it's only a few years old that was a surprise), and I felt a lot of the Zion scenes had that kind of studio set 'Star Trek' feel to them, if you get what I mean. Good entertainment though!



I feel the same way about the Zion rave scenes (and most of the scenes in Zion in general).

The first Matrix movie gave you little tidbits and teases you on what Zion might look like. I always walked away thinking that Zion was this magnificent place that represented the resilience and strength of the human race...

And then Reloaded came out, and after seeing that film and Revolutions after that, I realized that the Zion we were finally able to see wasn't what I imagined, and after viewing those particular embarassing sequences I couldn't shake the feeling that maybe it wasn't worth saving.
3/3/2008, 1:44 pm Link to this post Send Email to imNewHere   Send PM to imNewHere
 


Add a reply

Page:
 1  2  3  4  5 ... 36  37  38 





You are not logged in (login)